14. “They want nothing less than a country in their pockets … A private house in Saxonwold has in effect become the Union Buildings; its occupants landed their private jet at an air force base as if they were heads of state‚ in the process dealing a heavy blow to the credibility of the defence force.” – Acclaimed writer and academic Njabulo Ndebele.
13. “We call on the ANC to take decisive steps to free the state from the evident clutches of the Gupta business interests.” – SA Council of Churches leaders.
12. “Zuma is controlled by the Guptas. Once you have a weak institution like the ANC and a government that is institutionally captured‚ you only have to win control over a few individuals like Jacob Zuma and you control everything.” – DA leader Mmusi Maimane.
11. “They would not have any influence on the ANC. They would have relations with individuals … That does not give them influence over the ANC.” – ANC secretary general Gwede Mantashe.
10. “The Guptas continued their work relationship with me despite not knowing what the future held for my family.” – Duduzane Zuma‚ son of President Jacob Zuma.
9. “The Guptas seem to wield an enormous amount of influence over ministers. There’s a pattern here.” – Political analyst Judith February.