Are you ready to book the renewal for your Drivers License (NATIS) online, but you are not sure how?
Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you do it quickly and offer you all the information you may need.
What do I need to know before I start?
- Do this at least four weeks ahead of the expiry date. If you don’t do it, you will have to apply for a temporary licence while waiting for your original to be issued.
- You will need to attach an eye test report from a registered Optometrist or Ophthalmologist. However, the licencing department can perform this test in their office. It’s your choice how you will do it. Keep in mind that the lines are often massive in Driving Licence Testing centres.
- Your new driving permit will be available in four to six weeks.
- Prices vary; therefore, contact your local licence office to find out what is true for you.
- There are no fines for late renewals of driver’s licence.
- You can download all forms online at https://online.natis.gov.za/#/Forms.
- The booking availability data is refreshed in real-time by the Driver Licence Testing centre; keep that in mind while booking.
What documents will I need?
- A filled-in application for renewal of a driver’s license (DL1) form
- Your original identity document (ID) or a valid South African passport
- Your old drivers license
- Report from your eye test that your Optometrist or Ophthalmologist validates. If your sight has a different quality now compared to the last time your driving licence was made, it will be noted in your new document.
- Your proof of residence
- A filled-in ‘notification of change of address or particulars of person or organization (NCP)’ form
A step-by-step guide to booking online:
Instead of waiting for hours just to book an appointment, now you have an option to book your test online and just show up at the right time in the right place. The website you will visit is; online.natis.gov.za:
- Click Book now for Driver’s Licence Card Renewal
- Enter your personal information
- Choose the wanted local licencing department and a time slot
Nevertheless, there are two possible difficulties in this process:
- The site may constantly be reloading and out of function for some time. The only cure for this is patience. Please get back to it later.
- There may not be any appointments at the time you try to book, but if you get back to it in a few hours, the situation will be completely different.
What do I need to do in order to renew my drivers license?
- Book your appointment online
- Gather the acquired documents and sum of money
- Get an eye test or take it at the DLTC
- Be on time for your appointment