In spite of the fact that South Africa’s month to month compensation aren’t as eye-watering as those doled out in the European groups, there’s still a lot of cash to be made by remaining in Mzansi.
Without a doubt, there is still some uniqueness between those gaining the most cash in the association and other people who are simply figuring out how to rub by. Research from 2015 pinpointed the normal month to month wage of a PSL player to be R44,000 a month.
Who are the top five earners?
(All figures are based on a monthly wage)
- Itumeleng Khune, Kaizer Chiefs: R480,000
- Teko Modise, Cape Town City: R450,000
- Ejike Uzoenyi, Bidvest Wits: R450,000
- Steven Pienaar, Bidvest Wits: R425,000
- Siphiwe Tshabalala, Kaizer Chiefs & Anthony Laffor, Mamelodi Sundows: R380,000
Who else is earning a fortune in the PSL?
Chinonso Christian Obiozor: R170,000
Dové Womé (currently on loan to SuperSport United): R270,000